Sunday, November 04, 2007

Ugly split

After such a big win over Cornell, a let down was bound to happen.

Friday was an rough win. It seemed like everything was just a little off. The passing was not crisp. The defense was giving up the puck. Things that cost the Tigers in the first couple of games. Fortunately, RIT snapped out of it in time to get the win. Ricky Walton's penalty shot was a thing of beauty. From then on, RIT was able to hold on.

Things were not so fortunate on Saturday. A lot of people question the use of DiMichael. I think it was a good move. Coach needed to see him in real game action without being forced into playing him. Canisius is a team that most people predicted would be near the bottom of the league. But the way the Tigers played, Jacque Plante would have had problems. The effort was not there. Horrible defensive decisions were made. The offense never got going. The result - their worst loss since their first game in Division I.

Some key games coming up against Air Force. They better be ready for them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I was sitting reading USCHO.com this morning and I am speechless having learned of Dan's passing. My heart is breaking for Laurie!
I played for the Tigers from 1989-1993 and was privileged to know Dan. No matter win or loss, home or away Dan was always there to greet the team in the lobby or before you got on the bus with a smile and words of encouragement. Part of playing hockey at RIT is not just the winning tradition of the program or education. Its the RIT Hockey family culture that was created by people like Dan. We all know that Dan loved the game, but what I remember is how he cared for the people who played and their families.

My parents would travel six hours on a Friday for a home game and Dan was always there to say hello with an offer to by them a cup of coffee after a long drive. He loved to chat about big weekends against Mercyhurst or Elmira when they would get into town.

When I graduated, Dan and Laurie made sure to take me out for lunch and say good bye. This thoughtfulness made for such a great college hockey experience.

After graduation I lost touch with Dan and Lauire, but I was fortunate to run into them several years later at the Frozen Four in Buffalo. Its was like time stood still, it was great to see Dan, talk about what I had been up to and how my family was. This is just an example that it was beyond the game for Dan, it was the people that he met through the game that mattered most.

His support during my time at RIT will never be forgotten!

My thoughts and prayers are with Laurie during this difficult time. I don't have their information, but if someone could pass this on to her it would be appreciated!

Josh Pagliaro #22 (89-93)

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home